Deutsche Bank Table Tennis Development Programme
Deutsche Bank in Guernsey entered into a sponsorship agreement with the Guernsey Table Tennis Association to support a table tennis development programme.
The sponsorship supports the Deutsche Bank Table Tennis Development Programme and initiatives include:
- A structured development programme for juniors to create high potential and elite squads, development groups and training at beginner level
- The establishment of performance sessions for invited juniors with exceptional talent or recognised potential
- Support of costs of bringing visiting coaches to the island for player and/or coach and/or umpire education
- Training for local coaches to achieve International Table Tennis Association qualifications necessary to develop the sport of table tennis within Guernsey
- Provision of equipment and kit to support and assist with the coaching activities of the club
- Regular Deutsche Bank junior tournaments for age groups U11/U13/U15/U18
The Guernsey Table Tennis Association was established in 1922 and has around 200 members playing regularly.